We are normally use the spunbonded plyester nonwoven fabric for disposable face mask, cap, clothing, hospital sheets because its excellent moth-proof, anti-pull and tear, corrosion resistant and uniformity. And also because the important reasons below:
1. Good tensile strength, excellent uniformity, anti-pull and tear, anti UV and
aging, anti-gamma, corrosion-resistant, soundproof, moth-proof and etc
2. Hydrophobic: It is the feature of nonwoven which means the spunbond nonwoven fabric itself does not absorb any liquid. We also call it water-repellent or water resistant (waterproof). This does not mean the water cannot go through the nonwovens. If you want some water immerses through the nonwoven, you need to choose the lightweight between 10gsm-25gsm. Whether the water can go through or not depends on the weight of per square meter. The lighter weight can immerse easily than the thicker. As this reason, we can use this for agriculture or horticulture mulch for frost protection or prevent weed growth(30-50gsm is suitable for this).
3. High temperature resistant:
The melting point of PET spunbond fabric is around 260℃ which is
dimensional stability in the high temperature conditions.
4. Air permeability: Means air can go through the nonwovens. So, desiccant packaging nonwoven can absorb the moisture air to dry the environment conditions.
5. Lightweight and durable: Compare to spunbond PP nonwoven fabric it is lightweight and durable. For example, Same weight 50gsm, pet spunbond nonwovens has better strength than PP nonwoven. Technical data of 50gsm pp spunbond nonwovens equals to around 35gsm polyester spunbonded nonwoven fabrics. In some way, you choose polyester spunbond it is also saved the transportation costs because lightweight. (In one container, you can load more products)